Get Your Pool Ready for Summer
The warm air has finally arrived, and you are itching to celebrate. There is no better way to celebrate summer’s arrival than to enjoy a relaxing day poolside with those whose company you enjoy most. Here are some tips on how to get your pool summer ready.
- Remove the cover. Before you can begin, you will need to be sure you have pumped off any water that may be on top of the cover. Once you have removed any water from on top of the cover, you can begin removing the winter cover or opening your automatic safety cover.
- Check water level. Ensure your pool water level is appropriately ½ to ¾ of the way up on the pool skimmer.
- Remove debris from around pool equipment. Remove any debris that may have gathered around your pool equipment over the winter months.
- Circulate for 12-24 hours. Get your pool equipment running and let your pool water circulate for 12 to 24 hours. After you have allowed your water to circulate properly, you should clean out your skimmer basket(s) and test your pool water. If you use reagents as part of your test kit, consider replacing them. Reagents should be replaced every season. Adjust the water chemistry as needed until your pool water is properly balanced. If you struggle to get your water properly balance, you may want to consider consulting a pool professional.
- Give the pool a good clean. Wipe down the water line. Brush down the pool walls and vacuum the pool floor. Repeat as needed until your pool is free of debris.
- Outfit the area. Set out your patio furniture. Wipe down any furniture that may have collected dust from being stored.
- Break out the fun. Now you’re ready to start summer off with a bang.
Once your swimming pool is summer ready, we know you will be making memories around your pool. To be able to do this, it is important to take care of your fiberglass pool. Check out our past blog post to learn about some maintenance tools that will help you keep your swimming pool ready for your backyard pool parties.