What’s So Great About a Fiberglass Pool?
When you’re thinking of buying a pool, there’s a lot to consider. The first thing you’ll have to decide is whether you want fiberglass, concrete or vinyl. Personally, we believe that fiberglass is the way to go. What’s so great about a fiberglass pool? Read on to learn!
- That Gel Coat Finish. Why is it so great? First of all, it’s nonporous, and what that means to you is that it’s harder for algae to grow, which reduces the amount of sanitizing chemicals you’ll need (said another way, it saves you money!) The gel coat is also smooth to the touch– no scraping your little tootsies on a rough pool bottom. And because the gel coat finish is so durable, your furry kids can also get in the swim without you having to worry about damage.
- Built-in Seats, Steps and Tanning Ledges. Unless you’re planning on training for the Olympics, you’ll probably want to do more than just swim in your new pool. Fiberglass pools have wonderful built-in benches for sitting and chatting, tanning ledges and sun shelves for keeping cool while you’re soaking up some rays, and easy to navigate steps for graceful entrances and exits from the pool– those backwards ladders aren’t doing anyone any favors, and not everyone has the upper body strength to hoist themselves over the edge– we sure don’t!
- One-time Investment. With vinyl liners, you’re always going to worry about ripping the liner. With concrete, you have to worry about cracks, crumbling and resurfacing. With fiberglass, it’s one and done! You won’t have to worry about replacing a liner that the kids (or the dog!) has ripped and you also won’t have to repair concrete that cracked over the long, cold winter. With all types of pools, the life expectancy of your pool’s surface is greatly determined by how well you maintain proper water balance. Harsh water conditions can affect all pool surfaces and equipment.
- Quick Installation. Fiberglass pools arrive at your door ready to install. They’ve been built in a shiny clean manufacturing facility and they’re made just for you, to your specifications. Your pool installers can just drop them in and get you swimming much faster than building a concrete pool, which can take up to six months to build.
- Beautiful shapes, sizes and colors. Fiberglass pools come in an amazing array of shapes and sizes, so you can get as creative as you want to be when it comes to creating your perfect backyard oasis, and get just the right features for the way your family wants to use the pool. They also come in several different finish colors, so whether you want a Caribbean blue, calming green or sophisticated gray, there’s a color to fit your style.
With so many advantages to owning a fiberglass pool and so many options to choose from, the question becomes– what are you waiting for? Check out our fabulous selection of fiberglass pool designs today and get swimming by the Spring!