Have you been looking out your window wishing there was a brand new fiberglass pool out there? Have you (or your kids) been dreaming about a pool for years, but you think you can’t afford it? If your answer to these questions is perpetually, “Yes. Maybe next year,” it’s time to change your mindset. Financing your new inground fiberglass pool project is easier than you might think. There are several financing options available that can get you started finding a great pool builder near you and choosing the pool of your dreams so you can tell the kids, “Yeah! This is the year we do it!”
POOL FINANCING TIPS TO FAST TRACK YOUR POOL PURCHASE
- Think positively. When you make something a priority, you can make it happen. Most of us won’t be in a place to simply write a check, but if you really want a pool, and you’re willing to make a few sacrifices in other places, you can probably achieve your goal of saving up at least enough for a nice chunk of a down payment.
- Charge ahead. The high interest rates of credit cards might make it prohibitive to put your entire pool purchase on a single card. However, you can often get a great introductory rate (or sometimes even a 0% interest on a balance transfer) that will give you some time to pay it off without spending a ton of money on finance charges.
- Take it to the bank. Your bank (and especially your credit union) might be willing to offer you an unsecured loan for part of your pool project. This means you don’t have to use your house or other valuables for collateral. The better your credit rating, the better interest rate you’ll get, and the more the bank will be willing to loan you.
- Use your equity. A second mortgage may be an option for you if you’ve been in your home for a while and plan to stay there. Most financial institutions allow you to borrow up to 90% of your home’s value. You’ll get a check at closing and have up to 30 years to pay for your pool!
- Refinance. When interest rates drop, it’s time to spring into action and refinance your mortgage. You’ll most likely walk away with a lower monthly mortgage rate AND a check in hand that will help you pay for your dreamy backyard oasis.
- Say hello to HELOC. Home equity lines of credit (HELOCs) are an awesome option for making pool dreams come true. The best part is that you can borrow against the equity in your home as you need it and only pay interest on what you’ve used. Then, if you decide to upgrade your pool furniture or landscaping or add accessories later, you’ll be able to use your HELOC to pay for them.
Regardless of the option (or combination of options) you choose, the fact is that this time next year, you can look out your window and instead of saying, “Maybe next year,” you can say, “Get your suits on kids. Last one in’s a rotten egg!”
Go ahead. Take the plunge.
Thursday Pools designs and manufactures the world’s most durable and elegantly crafted fiberglass pools. We are ISO 9001 certified, which means that fiberglass pool shells are made with the highest standards and from the best quality material available. We are also ISO 14001 certified, which means we are committed to environmental stewardship.
Our one-piece, inground fiberglass swimming pool manufacturing facility is based out of Fortville, Indiana. At Thursday Pools, we aspire to be the world’s most respected fiberglass pool manufacturer and to help our customers create a lifetime of memories with their family and friends. Our innovations, commitment to quality and beautiful designs set us apart. Thursday Pools is the creator of the world’s first beach entry (or zero entry) fiberglass pool. View our exclusive designs for the Grace Beach Entry design and the Sandal Beach Entry Design.
Get a free estimate on the fiberglass pool of your dreams today. With Thursday Pools, your weekend starts early!