How to Choose the Thursday Pools Design that’s Right for You
You’re actually doing it. You’re getting an inground pool. You’re past the wishing and dreaming stage. You’ve done your research, set your budget and considered your financing. You know you want a fiberglass pool, because your research has shown that fiberglass is the way to go for durability, overall value low pool maintenance and awesome aesthetics. Your research has also shown that, of all the fiberglass pool manufacturers out there, Thursday Pools is the top of the line for quality and variety of design options. And, because sustainability is important to you, you also like the fact that we hold an ISO 14001 certification for environmental stewardship.
So, now it’s about to get real up in here. It’s time to choose your pool design.
You may be excited, but also kind of unsure. You’re choosing something that’s going to become a part of your house, most likely for as long as you live in it, and beyond. It’s not like choosing a paint color that you can change next year if you get tired of it.
We get it. It’s a big decision. Let’s take a look at some tips that will help you choose the ideal pool design for you and your family.
- Choose a size range. Note that we said size range—not size. This is a key distinction, because there’s no one perfectly sized pool for your unique backyard. Thursday Pools has a wide selection of fiberglass pool designs, and many of them come in several sizes to ensure that you’ll have the features you want in the space you have available. Be flexible and keep an open mind.
- Consider the grand scheme of things. We’ve said this before, but it bears repeating: You probably don’t want to buy the biggest pool you can fit in your yard. Grab your tape measure and go! Don’t be afraid to go the hardware store and purchase yard paint and flags. This is a great way to start visualizing the space! Of the free space that you determine is available, set aside the space you will need for your patio area and landscaping. Consider how far from waters edge you want your furniture, grill, dining, etc. And, take into consideration any potential future additions such as a bath house/cabana, playset, or spa. What space is left? That is the space you have for water.
- Plot it out. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices (and before you make your final decision,) get your hands on the plot plan or survey of your lot. This will allow you to see easements or setbacks that may limit the amount of space you have to work with. Do you have any underground private or public utilities that you need to avoid? The plot plan will help you identify if the pool shape and size you’ve chosen are possible, or if you need to rethink your choice.
- Follow the 90% rule. There is not going to be one pool design that’s perfect for everyone in your family. Don’t be surprised if you’re having a hard time agreeing on one.
So do this: think about who will be enjoying the pool 90 percent of the time. Be realistic about who’s going to use the pool most and how they’re most likely to use it. Here are some tips to help you prioritize the features that are most important to your family and best fit everyone’s unique needs.
- Are you mostly active pool goers? Do you plan to use your pool for daily exercise or sports? If so, then you want to look for a design that has an open swim lane or an appropriate depth for volleyball. If so, then you may want to look at Thursday Pools designs, like the Goliath, Monolith, Lil Bob, Cathedral or Spirit.
- Are you mostly laid back pool goers? Do the sun worshippers in your family want to be able to soak up the sun on the weekends? If so, consider a Thursday Pools design with a built-in tanning ledge or sun shelf, like the Aspen, Lil Bob LX, Wellspring, Cathedral LX, Pearl or Sun Day.
- Is easy entrance and exit a priority? If you have very young swimmers or older family members who need to be able to sit safely in a shallow area or be able to ease in and out of the pool, a zero entry (or beach entry) fiberglass pool, such as the Grace Beach Entry or Sandal Beach Entry design might be a great choice for you. Beach entry pools also provide a fabulous spot for themed pool parties!
- Listen to the pros. Sure, no one’s backyard is exactly like yours. However, your local, trusted Thursday Pools dealer has seen hundreds of backyards that are probably pretty similar to yours. They’ve helped many other homeowners make the best choice for them, and they can help you avoid costly mistakes in your planning. They can put together an overall design for your pool project that works with the design of your home, your available space and, of course, your budget.
For additional help choosing the Thursday Pools fiberglass pool design that’s right for you, check out our nifty Pool Selector Tool!
About Thursday Pools
Thursday Pools is an Indiana-based fiberglass pool manufacturer. We take pride in creating the highest quality fiberglass pool shells that will help you create a lifetime of quality time and memories with your friends and family. With Thursday Pools, your weekend starts early! Get an estimate today!